Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pennies, Planes, and more!

Here are some of the learning targets we have been focusing on in Room 13...

Science:
- I can explain the Scientific Method.
- I can use the Scientific Method when conducting experiments such as "Penny Boats," "Paper Airplanes," and "Which Ball will Bounce the Highest?"
- I can use my senses to make observations.
- I can talk about important safety rules in science.

Social Studies:
- I can explain the 5 themes of geography (location, region, place, environment, movement)
- I can name different parts of a map.
- I can explain what a map key is.
- I can label and color a map appropriately.

Classroom Targets:
- I can stay on topic during classroom discussion.
- I can try to problem solve on my own.

See below for some pictures from our penny boat experiment.  We were able to hold over 200 pennies after making smart observations from our first trial!  Wow!!


 
 
 
We learned that MAP KEYS explain what symbols on a map mean.  We used symbols to create bioglyphs that tell about us.  Just like a map, you have to use a key to figure out what the symbols represent.  Feel free to request a "bioglyph" packet to make your own!
 

4 comments:

  1. Hey Mrs.Donovan
    This blog is so cool!!!!!
    Have a great Afternoon!!!
    Love grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for being a great TEACHER!!!!!!
    Love grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being a great TEACHER

    ReplyDelete